April 25 2022
Where to invest money to receive monthly income
The inflation rate is growing every year and in 2021 it has already exceeded 6%. That is, it was by this percentage that the savings stored “under the pillow” have depreciated over the past year. In order not to lose money just like that, it is important to make them “work”. Moreover, well-placed investments will not only save, but also increase capital. Having invested money profitably, you can receive passive monthly income, which will be an excellent increase in salary or replace it. Let's figure out where to invest money in order to receive a monthly income.
Investing means allocating your capital for the purpose of making a profit. In a stereotypical view, an investor is a man in an expensive suit who checks stock quotes every minute. But the portrait of a typical investor is different. These are ordinary people who work at ordinary jobs, have a family and are not exclusively interested in finances. For them, investing is a source of additional income, an opportunity to live better and better, a way to ensure a comfortable old age.
You can invest at any age and it doesn't always require a large amount of money. If you think about it, this is the only option to get a stable passive income, save for old age or get rich. In fact, investing means that your money is working for you. While we were taught from childhood that it is we who must work, spend our mental and physical strength in order to get money.
But after a little thought, it is not difficult to understand that in order to get more money you need to work more, and human resources are not unlimited. No one can work more than reasonable limits, and not everyone manages to rise to a high position and gain financial independence while working. Why do you need money then, if you will work all the time?
Given this, investing is by definition necessary. Conventionally, financial investments can be presented in the form of your deputy, who works together with you or instead of you. He doesn’t care what you are doing: working, drinking a cup of your favorite coffee or flying to a resort on an airplane - he continues to work for you.
Here are just some of the benefits of investing:
- you can earn income without significant effort;
- potentially huge profits;
- investment protects against inflation;
- Having once invested in a successful project, you can secure a comfortable old age.
- In addition, investing also contributes to the acquisition of new knowledge, skills and abilities.
Many people are familiar with the concept of investing, but few understand the types of capital investment. The types of investment are classified according to the time of placement of capital, size, investment objects, form of ownership, risk level and goals.
According to the terms, the following types of investments can be distinguished:
- short-term - investment for up to 1 year;
- medium-term - money is required to be invested for a period of 1 to 5 years;
- long-term — investment period of 5 or more years.
Three types of investment can also be distinguished according to the form of ownership. Investment is considered private if the investor is an individual, foreign - if the capital is invested by a non-resident of the country, and public - the investor is a state institution.
According to the level of riskiness, all types of investments can be divided into the following categories:
- conservative with minimal risk of losing investments;
- medium-risk with moderate risk;
- aggressive with high risk and high profit.
Depending on what is the object of investment, investments can also be classified into three categories:
- speculative - you can make money on this kind of investment by buying them cheaper and selling them more expensive;
- venture - investing in promising areas of activity, for example, start-ups, know-how technologies;
- real - an investment in existing objects, such as commercial buildings or precious metals.
With regards to investment goals, the following types can be distinguished:
- direct investments - investments are made in one direction;
- portfolio - the investor invests in several projects at once and forms an investment portfolio from them;
- intellectual - investment support for scientific and technological projects;
- non-financial - investments that do not require material costs, for example, the cost of education.
Given the above types of investment, you should immediately decide for yourself which format of investment suits you and what risks you are ready to take.
What to invest in to earn income every month
There are many financial instruments where you can invest money in order to receive a stable income every month. The choice between them depends on the size of the investment capital, the desired return, acceptable risks, current knowledge, skills, or willingness to learn them.
Below we will consider a variety of investment instruments, describe the features, advantages and disadvantages of each of the options.
- Investment amount: from $10.
- Monthly return: from 5-14%.
- Advantages: minimal risks; savings are protected by a deposit insurance fund.
- Disadvantages: inflation, low profitability; to live only on interest, you will need to invest a large amount.
Opening a bank deposit can be called the most affordable and least risky investment option. Today, many banks allow you to open a deposit directly online and place any available amount that is available on it. In addition, many deposit agreements now provide for the possibility of early closing of the deposit at any time.
Interest on deposits varies from the amount, term, currency, bank conditions. On average, for placing a deposit in the national currency, you can get from 5 to 14% per annum. The accrual of interest on the deposit can be made both on the deposit account, increasing exponentially the size of the deposit, and on the main one.
Deposit programs without the possibility of replenishment and early withdrawal have a higher percentage. But it is easy to calculate that in order to receive at least a little more than $100 per month on a deposit with 12% per annum per month, you need to invest about $10,000. Therefore, although you can start with a minimal investment, in order to receive a good monthly income, you will need a good initial capital.
- Investment amount: from $10-1000.
- Monthly return: 25-50% of the company's profits, distributed in proportion to the number of shares, the income from the growth of shares is unpredictable and varies from 2-3% to several thousand.
- Advantages: there is an opportunity to receive a potentially high income; does not require effort in the case of using the services of a broker.
- Disadvantages: The stock market is unpredictable; stocks of many companies rise by only a small percentage over the long term.
Most likely, many people are familiar with this financial instrument. At one time, almost everyone had shares in the national bank, the factory where he worked, and a couple of local companies. It was possible to buy shares directly in the company or the bank. But today, most of the buying and selling of shares on the stock market is done through licensed brokers.
A broker is an intermediary who, on your behalf, makes transactions on the stock market, fixes income, and pays taxes. For their services, brokers charge a small commission on profits.
You can profit from shares from dividends. In the case of holding a dividend share, the investor is entitled to a certain percentage of the company's profit every month. You can also earn income on the growth in the value of shares and speculative trading in them. Monthly income in this case depends on the amount of investment, the situation on the market and the skills of the broker. Tesla shares, for example, rose by more than 700% last year, despite the crisis caused by the pandemic.
The size of the initial investment depends on the value of the company's shares or the conditions of the broker. Some brokerage companies offer to start investing from $10, others only work with investors who are ready to invest $1000 or more.Bonds
- Investment amount: from $10-1000.
- Monthly return: 7-10%.
- Advantages: high liquidity;
It is also profitable to invest in bonds. This investment tool also allows you to earn on the stock market, but with less risk. Unlike stocks, bondholders are entitled to a fixed income, the amount of which is known in advance. Formally, with the help of bonds, an investor lends his money to companies and receives a certain interest rate for this.
In addition, bonds have high liquidity. This means that at the right time they can be easily sold. And in times of stock market crisis, they can be called the main crisis asset.
State company bonds are considered more reliable than corporate bonds, since they have a lower chance of going bankrupt. There are also Eurobonds denominated in foreign currency. Their yield is 2-3%, but due to fluctuations in the exchange rate of the national currency, it can be much higher.
- Investment amount: from $30-40 thousand.
- Monthly return: $200-400 per month in rent or 0-50% on resale.
- Advantages: you can get a good capital gain if you wait a bit; stable market; the asset is not impaired.
- Disadvantages: high entry threshold; constant participation is needed; not a high monthly income.
Buying residential real estate is a good way to protect your capital from inflation, because in the long run the cost of housing is constantly rising. Especially impressive growth in value can be seen in large, rapidly developing cities.
Investing in real estate is one of the best options to invest money in order to be guaranteed a stable monthly income. After all, when renting an apartment, you can get $ 200 or more, depending on the condition of housing, the city and the number of square meters. In addition, the cost of housing itself will gradually increase.
To fix a large profit in the real estate market, you can buy housing from builders, and after putting the house in, sell it at a higher price. Income from this speculation can reach up to 50%. However, there is a risk that the house will never be commissioned, and then you can even go into a significant minus.
Сommercial real estate
- Investment amount: from $100 thousand dollars.
- Monthly return: from $800-1000.
- Advantages: stability; high profitability; tenants themselves take care of the good condition of the property.
- Disadvantages: high initial investment; It can take a long time to find a suitable tenant.
Buying commercial property can be a great investment. Many analysts and experts agree that commercial real estate brings investors twice as much profit as residential real estate. In addition, tenants of commercial real estate most often conclude a contract immediately for a significant period, and they themselves make sure that the premises are in excellent condition.
The concept of investing in commercial real estate can mean anything from the purchase of premises for small shops to the construction of shopping centers. Naturally, the larger the initial investment, the higher the monthly income. At the same time, the demand for commercial real estate is constantly growing. Over the past year alone, the demand for premises on the first floors has grown by 25-30%, and for small offices by 10-15%.
- Investment amount: from $150-200.
- Monthly return: $600.
- Advantages: available even with small investments; practically no risk.
- Disadvantages: requires a constant search for new tenants; possible loss of part of the profit due to downtime.
Sublease - temporary assignment of rented housing or part of it to other tenants. This is not only a good way to reduce the cost of renting your own property, but also to receive a stable income. There are several ways to earn income from subletting:
- renting out the excess part of your rented housing;
- renting real estate cheaper and renting more expensive for the long term;
- long-term rent and daily rent.
The last scheme is the most common, because daily rent, especially in large and tourist cities, is in great demand, and in terms of long-term rent it is much more expensive.
A significant advantage of this method of investing is that it is available even to those who do not yet have significant capital. The profit is relatively small, but it can be reinvested in other projects or facilities.
- Investment amount: from $10.
- Monthly return: largely depends on the type of investment and skills, and varies from 3% to several thousand percent.
- Advantages: does not require large capital; there are many options for earning on cryptocurrencies; There is an opportunity to make huge profits.
- Disadvantages: need market knowledge; high risks.
It is easy to increase money by investing in cryptocurrencies. The digital asset market is much more volatile than the stock market, and therefore can bring higher potential profits to its investors.
There are many options to profit from investing in cryptocurrencies:
- Trading. This method involves receiving speculative profits from the purchase and resale of cryptocurrencies on specialized exchanges. To successfully trade cryptocurrencies, certain knowledge and skills will be required. There are also cryptocurrency brokers willing to help for a small fee.
- Mining. You can invest in equipment for mining cryptocurrencies. But this method cannot be classified as a passive type of income either, because you will need to constantly monitor the work of the mining farm, update equipment and switch between the extraction of various cryptocoins. To create your own profitable farm for the extraction of cryptocurrencies, you will need a fairly large investment in equipment.
- Cloud mining. In this case, it is also supposed to invest in the mining of cryptocurrencies, only for the investor it comes down to concluding an online mining contract with a specialized company. Funds from cloud mining are usually credited daily, and the size of the initial investment can be as little as a few tens of dollars.
- Holding. In terms of the long term, the value of cryptocurrencies is constantly growing. A clear example of this is the cost of Bitcoin, which has increased from a few cents to 60 thousand dollars. Therefore, in order to make a profit from cryptocurrencies, it is enough to invest in a promising coin and hold it for a while.
- Staking. We can say that staking is an improved version of mining. Today, many cryptocurrency projects allow their investors to earn passive fixed income by holding coins in their account, processing transactions and maintaining the blockchain chain. Staking rates range from 3% to 50% per annum.
The digital asset economy is standing still nno is developing. Every year, hundreds of promising projects built on the blockchain enter the market. This opens up huge prospects for investors to earn money, and most importantly, to invest in cryptocurrency and at the same time you can earn good money even with minimal investment.
- Investment amount: from $100.
- Monthly return: from 0 to several thousand percent.
- Benefits: By investing money wisely, you can get high profits.
- Disadvantages: high risks; asset blocking for several months; you need to fundamentally study a company going for an IPO, which will take a lot of time.
IPO - initial public offering. The principle here is the same as when investing in shares, however, investors invest not in already well-known companies, but in start-ups, and those that are just becoming public and opening the sale of their shares.
Investing in an IPO can please with high returns. However, there are some pitfalls here. Very young start-up companies with high risks of bankruptcy can enter the IPO market. If the demand for shares is large, the shares will be distributed proportionally among investors and it will not be possible to buy their desired number. Also, usually three months after the completion of the IPO, investors cannot sell shares of this company. This is done so that speculators do not collapse their value.
ICO and IEO
- Investment amount: from $10.
- Monthly return: hundreds and thousands of percent.
- Advantages: a large selection of projects; a huge profit is possible; digital assets are a promising area of the economy.
- Disadvantages: many ICO projects end in failure; a fundamental analysis of the project is needed; high risks.
In fact, ICO and IEO are analogues of IPO for the cryptocurrency market. Investors can take part in the launch of new projects, providing them with financial assistance in the early stages through the purchase of tokens. This type of investment in cryptocurrencies is associated with the greatest risks, but if successful, the investor can receive hundreds and thousands of percent of the profit.
ICO is an initial coin offering. In 2017, this form of investment made a lot of noise and turned the cryptocurrency market into a real bubble. As part of the ICO, investors are offered to buy tokens of new projects at the lowest price. It is usually offered to make a purchase on the official website of the future project - the investor sends his cryptocurrencies (usually BTC and ETH), and in return receives an equivalent amount of project tokens.
IEO is an initial exchange offer. This form of investment has replaced the ICO, which was used by many dishonest “start-ups”. In this case, the investor makes a purchase of tokens already on the cryptocurrency exchange, while the professional team of the trading platform has already checked the project and approved it for inclusion in the listing. This format allows you to immediately cut off a lot of low-quality and raw projects.
Earnings from investing in ICO or IEO depends on the growth of the project. With the right choice of an asset, an investor can fix a good income in a few months. But of course, this is one of the most risky types of investment.
- Investment amount: from $100,000.
- Monthly return: 20-35% per annum.
- Benefits: Huge profits can be made; support for business and the economy.
- Drawbacks: 20% of all startups fail in their first year and 75% close by their seventh year.
In search of where it is better to invest money, many come to invest in a business. The economy is constantly changing in accordance with the needs of people. Nowadays, people especially value time and comfort, which has led to the discovery of new types of services. The trend is a healthy lifestyle, technology, care for the environment.
If you find a promising project that matches the trends, you can significantly increase your capital. However, injecting venture capital investments is always risky. Even at first glance, a successful company can go bankrupt with illiterate management or under the influence of the economic crisis.
According to statistics, 75% of all startups go bankrupt, and 30-40% do not meet the expectations of investors. And most importantly, huge capital investments are required, because often it will be necessary to invest in several projects at once in order to diversify risks. But if the company "shoots", the income from such an investment can reach thousands of percent.
- Investment amount: from $100-1000.
- Monthly return: 4-12%.
- Advantages: you can start earning in a few clicks; no special knowledge, skills and time are needed.
- Disadvantages: there are risks of burning out by choosing an unreliable company; cooperation with some company requires the availability of huge capital.
Trust management is a special type of investment in which funds are transferred to a professional manager or a specialized company in order to preserve and increase them. This is a passive type of investment with acceptable risks.
However, it is extremely important to choose a reliable manager with a good reputation. Otherwise, you can go to the minus, if the management company diversifies risks poorly or invests only in high-risk, poorly studied projects.
The main advantage of this method is that you can enter even those markets that are not available with private capital. Trust funds pool the funds of their investors, invest in large projects, and then share the profits among all investors according to the share of their investments. In addition, no action is required - you can invest in construction, trade Forex or stocks without doing anything.Profit is accrued every month or quarter, depending on the conditions of the company. The size of the initial investment also depends on the individual requirements of the fund. The required minimum investment can vary from a few hundred dollars to several million.
- Investment amount: from $100.
- Monthly return: 3-5% per year.
- Advantages: small risks; stable asset growth since the 19th century.
- Disadvantages: a temporary price reduction is possible, which can lead to a loss.
If you are ready to consider long-term investments in an effort to increase your money, buying precious metals is a good option. For example, gold is always in price and you definitely won’t burn out on such an investment. But you may not make money, because the cost of precious metals is low volatile and you should not expect high incomes in a few months.
You can invest in gold, silver, platinum, palladium. To do this, you can buy bank bars, coins, jewelry.
- Investment amount: from $10-100.
- Monthly return: 60-70% per annum and above.
- Advantages: good income; quick profit.
- Disadvantages: volatile market; you need knowledge and skills for independent trading.
Forex is one of the most liquid markets in the world, allowing you to trade binary currency options. Trading on it is conducted around the clock, and unlike the stock market, anyone can start trading, and your investments will never fall to zero, because the currency cannot depreciate at all.
You can trade on Forex both as an independent trader and by entrusting your funds to an experienced manager. At the moment, there are many PAMM accounts for earning on the foreign exchange market. Forex trading can bring both stable long-term income and short-term super profits. You can start independent trading with a few tens of dollars. The minimum investment through PAMM accounts is usually $100 or more. Depends on the individual requirements of the company.
- Investment amount: from $100,000.
- Monthly return: $20-25%.
- Advantages: with proper management, you can make good money.
- Disadvantages: risks of going bankrupt, high threshold for entering the business.
A good option for where you can invest money can be microfinance companies that provide lending services to the population. Most of the MFIs that exist today are venture capital based and pay out about 25% of their profits to their investors.
But choosing this option of capital allocation, it is important to pay attention to several nuances. First, MFIs are at risk of going bankrupt if mismanaged. Secondly, you will not be able to withdraw your investments at any time. As a rule, a contract is concluded for a period of several years. In addition, investing in MFIs requires large investments. The size of the minimum investment usually starts from 100 thousand dollars.
- Investment amount: $1000.
- Monthly return: about 10% of each use.
- Benefits: passive lifetime income; requires a minimum of time and effort.
- Disadvantages: if you are not lucky and the product turns out to be unnecessary, you can earn nothing at all.
This method of investing is most suitable for people who are well versed in technology, art and can correctly assess who and on what scale may need this or that invention, song, music, book and other intellectual property products.
Buying a patent from the author for an invention will allow you to receive passive income every time someone uses it. You can also earn income from its subsequent resale. But how much real profit can be obtained is difficult to predict in advance.
- Investment amount: $100.
- Monthly return: 7-20%
- Advantages: does not require special knowledge; you can start with a small investment; You can now issue private loans online.
- Disadvantages: you can run into an unscrupulous borrower.
Recently, P2P lending is gaining more and more popularity - more and more people prefer loans from individuals, and more and more services are being created to provide this service. The era of newspaper advertisements for loans is over. Today, there are many exchanges of private loans, and many payment systems provide a similar service. Recently, crypto-currency loans on specialized blockchain projects have also gained popularity.
Platforms h private lending serve as a link between the lender and the borrower, providing them with comfortable interaction and acting as a guarantor in compliance with the terms of the transaction. This type of cooperation is beneficial both for borrowers who receive a convenient way of lending, and for investors looking for passive income. True, part of the profit will need to be shared with the service.
- Investment amount: $10.
- Monthly return: 100-300%.
- Advantages: only very simple steps are required; you can earn a high income, especially using the referral program.
- Disadvantages: high risks; it is not known when the project will come off.
HYIP projects are essentially modern financial pyramids. Surely you have already stumbled upon them, scrolling through ads on the Internet. These are sites that offer huge profits for the fact that you will grow tomatoes, tea, collect eggs from birds in the game.
The goal of all HYIP projects is the same - to lure as much money from their players as possible. At one fine moment, such projects are closed, and their founders leave with all the money. However, up to this point, you can make good money on HYIP projects. The main thing is to stop in time and have time to withdraw money. The withdrawal of money, by the way, can be closed long before the site itself is closed.
Own business and online projects
- Investment amount: $10,000.
- Monthly return: 20-30%.
- Advantages: high income; it all depends on the investor himself and a little bit of luck; You can open a business without leaving your home.
- Disadvantages: requires constant participation; the first profit may not be obtained immediately, and its size depends on the idea and the success of its implementation.
It is always profitable to invest money in your own business. At the same time, unlike all the options described earlier, in this case, the income depends only on the investor himself, his skills and ability to work. The main thing is to have a good idea and the desire to implement it.
True, we are in a hurry to disappoint you - the niches of flower shops, cafes, barbershops and beauty salons are already full. However, new opportunities are opened by modern technologies. Business is moving online and you can easily follow this trend by managing your company right from your home computer. As an idea, you can consider the creation of an online store, website, blog, online course.
- Investment amount: $1000.
- Monthly return: 10-15%.
- Advantages: ready-made working scheme of earnings; high stable income; the mechanism of work is already established and participation is practically not required.
- Disadvantages: you can work only according to the "manual" of the franchise owner without the ability to change something; part of the outlet's income goes to the brand owner.
Having your own business is good, but still quite risky and costly. An alternative in this case may be to open franchise branches of a well-known brand. Franchising frees a businessman from having to come up with an idea, promote a brand, and increase customers. Conventionally, an investor takes a ready-made business and earns on it.
In addition, in the case of franchising, investing $10,000 is more than enough. While this amount may not be enough to open your own business. In some cases, you can start with $1,000. A working business model allows you to get a profit in 1.5-3 years. The most common franchises are catering establishments, honey. projects, dry cleaners, shops.
What to do before investing
Before you start investing, you should determine for yourself a few key things. First of all, decide how much you are willing to invest. Some ways allow you to start investing with just a few dollars in your pocket, but you need to understand that this amount of investment is not enough to get a good monthly income.
Allocate for investment as much as you are not afraid to lose. Imagine that your investment went bankrupt and you were left with nothing - if this is not a disaster for your budget, then the amount of initial investment capital is suitable. In the future, you can increase it by reinvesting the profits already received.
Estimate how much time you are willing to spend on investing. If you have limited free time, it is better to give preference to passive ways of generating income. Look for good brokers or mutual funds. When there is no shortage of time, start studying the market you want to enter.
The next step is to define your strategy in the market in advance. This will allow you not to panic and manage your risks. Investment capital is recommended to be distributed among high-, medium- and low-risk projects. Most of it should be given to low- and medium-risk projects. They will allow you to cover your losses if you suddenly burn out on high-priced investments. And since the latter have a high potential income, even a small amount invested in them is enough to make a huge profit.
Before entering the market, be sure to find yourself reliable partners. It can be brokers or funds management if you wish to invest through intermediaries. Or high-quality information sites for learning and getting the latest news from the market, exchanges and various services that will help you if you plan to invest on your own.
Remember that it is a high-quality preliminary analysis of an investment asset that is the key to success. It is very important to study both the asset itself and the market trends.
Please note that investment income is taxed, so be sure to check the laws of your country regarding this beforehand.
How to invest correctly
Money should work and generate income - everyone knows that. But not every one of us was taught from childhood how to make them work properly. Meanwhile, every mistake made can cost money.
Consider the general principles of correct investing and the most common mistakes.
- Don't invest all your savings. Many novice investors, in pursuit of big profits, invest all their savings. This is not the most reasonable way, because in case of failure, you must have savings. In addition, in force majeure circumstances, you will have to drain your assets ahead of schedule, which can lead to a loss of profitability or even going into a hard minus.
- Complete the training. Many investment methods may seem simple