April 13 2022
How to create a bitcoin wallet step by step guide
In order to replenish and pay with bitcoins, you must have an electronic wallet with a unique personal address.
Which bitcoin wallet is better - what are the differences between them
There are several options for bitcoin wallets:
Thick client - the full blockchain database will be stored on your computer, at the time of writing the database size is 120 gigabytes, you can copy and install this wallet from the official website of the bitcoin community
Benefits of working in a thick client:
- Complete privacy and security
- The blockchain is completely stored locally on your computer
- Takes up a lot of hard drive space
- The first synchronization takes a long time - at least 2-3 days
- Constantly when on, it occupies a resource of RAM
Thin client - the entire blockchain database is stored on the servers of the site that provides the wallet registration service
Benefits of working in a thin client:
- Quick and easy registration
- The ability to use the wallet immediately after opening it disadvantages
- Very weak security
- Potential threat of hacker attacks that can steal sensitive data and funds from the wallet
In order to get a bitcoin (bitcoin) wallet, we recommend such resources.
· https://bitcoin.org/ru/wallets/desktop/windows/bitcoincore/ we recommend this wallet in terms of complete security and transparency of operations. This is a fat client, also called a cold wallet.
· https://blockchain.info/ru/wallet/#/ This is a thin client, also called a hot wallet
Pay attention to the site where you register an electronic wallet, the address must necessarily contain the https protocol - this means an encrypted connection to the site and at least protection against theft of your personal information, for example, when entering credit card data.
Thus, you create a bitcoin wallet. Which one to choose depends on your needs and the purpose for which you open it.